Sometimes a small plumbing problem can be solved with a simple tool and a little hard work
1. Plungers (one in the kitchen and bathroom is a good idea)
• Cup Plunger – most common type of plunger and is best for cleaning clogged bathroom and kitchen sinks. • Toilet Plunger – with soft rubber flaps that fold out of the rubber cup, this is best plunger for some drains and toilets. • Accordian Plunger – a powerful but not as versatile plunger, this is the best option for unclogging toilets
• Basin Wrench – ideal for bathroom and kitchen sinks • Pipe Wrench – larger and more powerful so great tool to have for any leaky pipes • Adjustable Wrench – essential for all sizes of nuts and bolts and is very versatile in small places
3. Needle Nose Pliers (perfect for tightening a screw or removing a hairball in a drain)
4. Duct tape (always good to keep a few rolls of duct tape in case of plumbing emergencies)
5. Gloves (thicker cleaning gloves work best)
And the most important tool? Our number at Plumbaround on speed dial – 07 3038 1038
‘Tis the season… to use our plumbing tips and prepare your home or office for the holidays. You’ll thank us later.
Here are our top 5 tips to avoid plumbing panic during the holidays:
Plumbing Tip #1
Don’t let your leftover food destroy your holiday mood
Remember to save your drains from leftovers and food scraps. Not only does this clog your drains, but it also ruins your holiday. Ask your staff or guests to dispose of leftovers in a bin dedicated for food waste.
Plumbing Tip #2
Oils and grease? No thank you.
Oils and grease from yours or your Chef’s cooking utensils can build-up and harden the pipes, eventually clogging your sink. Save yourself from the stress and remove the oil/grease into a disposable container instead of your sink.
Plumbing Tip #3
Celebrating Christmas elsewhere?
If you’re not home or in the office around the holidays, don’t forget to turn off your water mains before you leave(if possible). This will prevent your home from flooding and allow you to enjoy your holidays without any stress.
Plumbing Tip #4
Toilets are not bins!
Trust us, we are plumbers and have seen it all. “Flushable” wipes are not really flushable. Paper towels don’t break down as toiler Facial wipes, feminine hygiene products, cotton balls, are a big NO NOtoo! To prevent your Staff or guests from blocking the toilets during holidays, put a bin (or two) in your bathroom. It’d also be worth putting up a sign in your bathroom that reminds guests to only flush down the toilet paper.
Plumbing Tip #5
One dish at a time
No matter how many dishes you have, try avoiding using the dishwasher and washing the dishes in the sink simultaneously.
Now that you are all prepared to keep your home or office safe during Christmas, Plumbaround wishes you and your family a very Merry Christmas and an amazing New Year! 🎄🌟
At Plumbaround we are committed to ensuring a COVID-19 Safe workplace for our staff & a COVID-19 Safe service for our clients. We have implemented a COVID-19 Safe plan to manage the spread of COVID-19. Queensland’s Roadmap to Easing Restrictions outlines how businesses can operate and at which stage. We have undertaken planning to ensure we keep our business, our staff and our customers safe. We have our Work Health and Safety Plan in place, and keep up to date with strategies to on how to manage COVID-19 in this ever-changing time.
Our staff have undertaken Infection Control Training and COVID-19 Safe training in order for Plumbaround to continue to provide a safe Plumbing & Gas fitting service to our clients. Rest assure we are well equipped with up to date policies and directives from the the World Health Organisation; Queensland Health & the Australian Government.
Our staff and client health & safety is our upmost priority at all times. Remember to regularly wash your hands; use hand sanitiser where possible & practice 1.5m social distancing at all times.